Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Favorite Star Wars Themes

Being a symphony orchestra musician  admirer of Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Mahler ,Puccini and many other great masters, special place in my preferences has the music master John Williams has written for the Star Wars saga.

The harmonic treatment, wonderful themes that features each of the characters making use of Wagnerian leitmotif, the rich and varied orchestration and that special ability to effectively mix the score with the film attest to the mastery of John Williams to music for film.


  Of all the films so far we have my favorite is The Empire Strikes Back .Its darker and deeper tone, the path each character takes, also the fact that it left in expectation to The Return of the Jedi made it similar in my opinion to a second movement of a symphony that attacca toward the next movement.


 It is in this film which is introduced for the first time the Imperial March one of my favorite tracks and I think one of the most if not the most famous of the whole saga.

 To animate waiting until December 18 when a new chapter of the saga will premiere,I wrote a quartet for basses using two of the most famous themes of the series, I hope you like.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews